EIFS Stucco Applications Offer Economic and Aesthetic Benefits
Exterior Insulation and Finish Systems (EIFS) is a multi-layered stucco finish that can be applied to the outer walls of commercial structures and private residences. The advent of EIFS in North America traces back to the 1980s, primarily for commercial properties, and it has grown in popularity to become a common application/finish within the non-residential market and in the new home construction and home renovation sectors as well.
There are several beneficial features to an EIFS stucco application, including:
- Enhancements in energy efficiency/conservation
- Preventing/inhibiting water and moisture penetration
- Aesthetic appeal – wide range of designs/colours/textures
In order to realize and appreciate these benefits, EIFS stucco applications must be properly installed by experienced and certified contractors. Our Canadian Stucco applicators have the training and proficiency necessary to correctly complete your EIFS installation using the following process:
- Inner Layer – air/moisture barrier, foam insulation board adhered to the exterior wall surface (or substrate)
- Middle Layer – polymer and cement basecoat applied to the face of the foam insulation
- Reinforcement – the middle layer is strengthened by the addition of a fiberglass mesh
- Exterior Layer – another basecoat (1/16 to ¼ inch thick) plus a textured finishing coat
It is also important to recognize that proper EIFS stucco applications cannot be completed within the same day; each of the steps noted above requires an appropriate amount of time to cure in order for the overall installation to deliver the desired performance and effect.
No Projects Too Small or Too Large
Canadian Stucco welcomes all prospects for EIFS stucco applications, independent of their size or scope, for both residential and commercial properties. No projects are too small for our crews and jobs as large as 50,000 square feet are well within our capabilities. In terms of the latter, our commercial client list includes the following well-known Canadian retailers and restaurants:
- Swiss Chalet
- Canadian Tire
- The Beer Store
- Shoppers Drug Mart
- Mark’s Work Wearhouse
- The Bay/Home Outfitters
If your residence or commercial structure could benefit from the aesthetic, protective and/or energy-efficient properties of an EIFS stucco application, call the certified EIFS specialists at Canadian Stucco today at 416-5-STUCCO or 416-578-8226 to book a consultation with one of our knowledgeable project estimators.